Medication isn't the only way to treat chronic or painful conditions. Acupuncture treatment offered by your primary care doctors, Dr. Anthony Wright and Dr. Gloria Wright of Total Health Primary Care, provides a natural way to treat your symptoms.
What acupuncture can do for you
Acupuncture is an ancient medical technique that is just as effective today as it was centuries ago. Treatments relieve blockages of Qi, a vital life force that flows through your body in a series of pathways called meridians. Qi blockages can affect your body's natural balance and cause symptoms ranging from pain to insomnia to anxiety. Acupuncture clears blockages with hair-thin needles inserted in strategic places in meridians.
Acupuncture treatments in Selma TX and surrounding areas, primary care office are particularly effective in reducing or eliminating pain in any part of the body. Acupuncture helps relieve pain by:
- Easing Stiffness: Treatments relieve muscle pain and muscle spasm, which decreases pain and increases flexibility and range of motion.
- Offering Drug-Free Pain Relief: Acupuncture treatments trigger the production of natural painkillers called endorphins that not only ease pain but also improve your mood.
- Improving the Function of the Pain Processing Centers in the Brain: Treatments help the brain better regulate and process pain.
- Increasing Blood Flow: Improving blood flow is important for quicker healing.
- Decreasing Inflammation: Inflammation can cause stiffness and make pain worse. Whether you have chronic back pain or are dealing with pain from a sinus infection or ulcer, easing inflammation may have a positive impact on your symptoms.
- Reducing Stress and Anxiety: Stress and anxiety can cause pain or make it worse. Luckily, the release of endorphins and serotonin during acupuncture sessions relieves stress and can help you sleep better. (Serotonin is a natural chemical that helps stabilize your moods.)
Acupuncture treatment is a good choice for many conditions, including:
- Back, neck and shoulder pain
- Migraine and tension headaches
- Tennis elbow
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Frozen shoulder
- Nerve pain
- Menstrual pain
- Gastric ulcers
- Chronic bronchitis
Are you ready to schedule an acupuncture appointment at Total Health Primary Care in Selma TX and surrounding areas? Call (210) 654-9300 to make an appointment with Dr. Anthony Wright or Dr. Gloria Wright.